Skip to main content

Convert Visual Studio 2010 Project to Visual Studio 2008

I recently installed Visual Studio 2010.when I’m going to open a project which was developed from VS 2010 in VS 2008 I was getting an error.

Visual Studio Error


So I thought of finding a way to solve my problem. Here is the solution

1. Open the .sln file corresponding to the Project to be converted with Notepad

2. Locate the following line: Microsoft Visual Studio Solution File, Format Version 11.00

  • Replace 11.00 with 10.00

3. Locate the following line: # Visual Studio 10

  • Replace 2010 with 2008
  • Save the File

4. Delete the .cache files existing in the following paths:

  • obj/debug
  • obj/release

5. Open the project with Visual Studio 2008

6. Build the project with Visual Studio 2008

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hi there just wanted to give you a quick heads up.
The words in your content seem to be running off the
screen in Firefox. I'm not sure if this is a formatting issue or something to do with browser compatibility but I thought I'd post to let you know.
The layout look great though! Hope you get the issue solved soon.
Kudos
Here is my blog - chefville cheats