Skip to main content

Add a Mac-style dock bar to your Windows with RocketDock

Mac is always known for its study of beauty. Be it their ultra slim laptops or cool operating Systems. Windows on the other hand has mostly lagged behind. The statement does feel a little aged when I write this with Windows 7 installed on my system.


What windows has still not given up is the task bar and when compared to Mac's dock it still looks…well, ugly. Not that I can live without it, since I have always been on Windows, it seems outrageous to even auto-hide the task bar. But since I also love the way desktop looks in Mac, I have installed Rocket dock to gain that look. Its a tool that will create a Mac-style dock on your desktop. You can insert your desktop shortcuts into this dock and your minimized windows would show in it as well.


Here is how my desktop looked after installing RocketDock:

http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/9385/screen01sfn.jpg

Its very customizable, you can delete the existing icons, add new, change the visual style of the dock, its position and so much more. This is how it looks when you hover your mouse over it:

http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/530/screen02ewr.jpg

pretty cool huh....Just don't believe me.Try it for your self.Download it from here.


Comments